Posted 4 years ago
- Assess and analyze existing systems to determine how proposed changes will affect them
- Recommend products for approval or disapproval based on findings to the Change Control Board.
- Conduct security scans and vulnerability testing of proposed software/ hardware products that could become part of the local baseline
- Research, develop, test, implement, and document all approved changes in accordance with the priorities established by the task manager.
- Produce FSI specific documentation and user guides.
- Maintain all activities per a detailed management plan and fulfill all configuration management requirements.
- Review and complete or design and produce system program manuals, operations manuals, and administrator procedure manuals.
- Ensure that all DS and IRM security and configuration guidelines are strictly adhered to
- Provide expert guidance, consultation and leadership to solve particularly difficult technical problems and develop workable technical solutions.
- Maintain and follow emerging technologies, standards, and developments in all systems integration trends.
- Review and analyze the stated technical requirements and evaluation criteria for a specific area of responsibility and work with the customer and technical team members to identify undocumented requirements and preferences.
- Assist team members in a variety of tasks, including mobile computing support, technical orientation support to new Foreign Service Classes and other technical duties as required.
- Maintain networked printer systems, firmware, hardware and software in a complex high availability corporate style networks.
- Monitor LAN performance once configuration changes are made or new components added to the LAN.
- Support systems engineering teams responsible for conceptualizing and presenting major systems integration projects
- 1- 5 years of computer/systems analysis experience, a combination of experience and education may be used to meet this requirement, such as, 3 years of computer/systems analysis with a B.S. in Computer Science or other IT related field of study
- Proven ability to analyze and suggest a wide variety of software or hardware products to work within a specialized environment with minimal impact
- Herndon, VA & other unanticipated locations in the US. May require relocation to unanticipated locations for short/long-term projects.