Posted 4 years ago
Programmer Analyst Job Responsibilities: Accomplishes software requirements by developing and maintaining applications and databases. Programmer Analyst Job Duties:
- Identifies requirements by establishing a personal rapport with potential and actual clients and with other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a workflow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Programs the computer by encoding project requirements in computer language; entering coded information into the computer.
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Provides a reference for use of prime and personal computers by writing and maintaining user documentation; maintaining a help desk.
- Maintains computer systems and programming guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops Reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Keeps equipment operational by calling for repairs; following manufacturers instructions and established procedures evaluating new equipment.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develops and maintains applications and databases by evaluating client needs; analyzing requirements developing software systems.